Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa Time!

Around Thanksgiving it occurred to me that it's the time of year when parents take their kids to see Santa.  My thought process went something like this...

NO WAY am I taking my 9.5 month old to see Santa...what a waste that would be!...although we do live just a subway ride away from the Herald Square Macy's...they have that whole Santaland thing going on...everyone knows that's where the real Santa and his elves hang out...the grandparents will be in town and they might enjoy it too...well MAYBE it could be fun, but ONLY if we go early in the morning on a weekday.

Next thing I know, it's a Tuesday morning and this is happening...


9 AM is right!  We were practically the first ones there which I highly recommend.  No lines!

Tiger Cub got up close and personal with lots of Santaland characters.  Everything is life sized when you're a wee little man!




Of course it never occurred to me that I should get Tiger Cub something cute to wear for the (sort of spur of the moment) occasion.  Luckily GiGi came through with Santa Claus pajamas which seemed appropriate enough.




Tiger Cub was underwhelmed by his first meeting with Santa.  Despite the elf waving a rattle, he remained skeptical and unsmiling.  In his defense, Santa wasn't really all that jolly.


Afterward we sat down at a cafe in Macy's.  GiGi's empty coke bottle and pictures of gingerbread men were just as amusing to TC as Santaland.


Santa Baby!

Photo credits:  Tiger Cub's Papa


No comments:

Post a Comment