Monday, March 25, 2013

Things I'm Excited About

Spring!


Ok, it hasn't felt like spring here in New York yet.  But since the calendar says it's so, I have hope.  I'm looking forward to more outings like this one in Central Park


But hopefully much warmer and with leaves on the trees.

Side Note:  Going to Central Park was a little too ambitious with a 3-week-old, particularly the subway ride.  We might just be enjoying walks around our own neighborhood for a while.

Return of Starbucks Dates



As far as food establishments go, Starbucks is a pretty safe bet with a baby.  We can always walk out if Tiger Cub starts making a scene.

 Who me?  I would never make a scene at Starbucks!

My Growing Milk Collection


Yep, you can tell an infant lives here!  Pretty soon we won't have much space for real food.


The coffee and pecans must be thinking their days are numbered!

Head Support


Now here's the downfall of being human:  a disproportionately large and heavy noggin at birth.  All the better to think with, for sure, but a lot of weight teetering on top of such a tiny body.

Fun fact:  a newborn's brain is 25% of its full size while his body is 5% of its full size.


We're still working on this, but Tiger Cub's neck is getting stronger and his head isn't nearly as "floppy" anymore.   Which makes handling him a little bit easier.


6 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like everyone is doing well! thinking of you guys - miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too! When are you moving back? Just kidding (sorta).

      Delete
  2. super cute, and an impressive stash of milk already. I look forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikki! I know, I'm FULL of milk. I justed added your blog to my list so I can keep up with you guys too.

      Delete
  3. Ok, you've got the milk supply stashed, I'm ready to babysit!! He's such a cutie. Starbucks dates sound like a good idea...it's a pretty good place for a 10-year-old, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's ready for you Jan! Starbucks is easy to appreciate at any age I guess.

      Delete